Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Genesis 1:29

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Small Victory After A Small Defeat.

Sometimes you have to find victory in the smallest things to get you through to the ultimate victory you are striving for.  For me, I am trying to stay away from sweets - no sugar and this week has been hard.  I haven't felt the best so I missed a couple days of workouts and just got off track and bought some peanut M&M's.  I was annoyed with myself after I ate them and felt defeated - again!  Am I ever going to be able to just give this sugar up?  Today on my way home from swimming I started thinking about getting more M&M's.  I was doing pretty good not having sugar, but once I let that stuff touch my lips, I wanted more - well, my heart and brain did not want more, but my weak flesh wanted more.  I thought, it's just a little and I'll get back on track tomorrow.  The thing is, that is what I thought the time before when I bought the M&M's!  As I have a little battle in my mind, I realize that I have been listening to my kids worship CD and have played this song over because it just caught my attention and I loved it.  The song was "How Great Is Our God".  So, I'm happy to say that I passed the store singing at the top of my lungs to this song and felt a sweet little piece of victory, I got past my struggle for today!  All the way home, I listened to this song over and over with my hand out the window lifted up (a couple people waving, thinking that I was waving at them).  :)
This is what my journey is all about - small victories, leading me to a large victory!  All credit and glory to God for helping me get through this temptation for today! 

1 comment:

  1. Stacy, I am so proud of you for taking charge of your health in this new and Godly way! I am glad to see the change within you and thankful for the way you are teaching our children the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete