Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Genesis 1:29

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Couple Recipes.

**Another note:  last post I said you can post anonymously, but you can post under name/url and it will post your name, also I have added a "search" bar so if you want to find recipes, you can type "recipes" in and it should bring up the posts that have recipe in the title. (Thank You Amy!)  :)

A couple recipes for today:

SMOOTHIE - good for breakfast!
1/2-1 cup berries (blueberries, blackberries...)
1-2 scoops protein powder (I use Pro Peas from Aim - can see under resources)
1/2-1 cup water, almond or coconut milk
1-2 Tablespoons flax or other oil (I use Olive Oil)
2-4 Tablespoons flax meal
Mix all ingredients into a blender.

FAJITAS - sugar free marinate
You can do vegetarian or with meat.
1-2 pounds meat, cut into strips (I dice the chicken when I make it so it's easier for the kids to eat because we also use corn chips to scoop and eat instead of shells sometimes).
1 medium onion, sliced
2 large bell peppers, which ever colors you like
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons oil

Combine soy sauce, lime juice, oil and chili powder in a small bowl and mix.  Marinate chicken (or whichever meat you choose) and veggies for at least on hour, but preferably overnight (I actually don't like how strong the marinate taste can get, so I marinate for a very short time). 
Cook meat and veggies separately in a skillet at high temperature until done.  Can add in broccoli, carrots and even small potatoes to fajitas.
Serve with salsa, cilantro, guacamole or anything else that you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that I want to use Ice cream instead of the almond milk to the smoothies? LOL Actually that sounds pretty good just as it is.

    ReplyDelete