Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Genesis 1:29

Friday, June 3, 2011

Do crackers and granola bars have seeds?

I have been thinking about starting this blog for a while and yesterday I decided to go for it.  It made me smile when yesterday during the day Canyon was eating a snack and asked if his crackers and granola bar had seeds in it?  We have talked about fruits and vegetables, but I took the opportunity and was able to explain even more about it all and I told him about the Garden of Eden and how they had perfect food, but once Adam and Eve sinned (explained to him what a sin is also) they were not allowed to live in the perfect garden.  And from then on food has changed and changed and changed.  Letting him know that food that comes in a box/bag is processed - people added a bunch of different things to make that food and some of it is not good for us.  He pipes in "like sugar", and I was happy to acknowledge his correct answer!!  "Especially sugar", I said.  I even used the word "modified", but I don't think he'll be remembering that word anytime soon.  It was another great chance to teach him (and Cadence was listening a little) the reason why fruits and veggies are so important for us to eat.  It was good to talk about sin also and what that was.  He listened to it all and was satisfied.  I asked if he understood it and as he was walking away he said, "yeah...I knew all that."  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment